Saturday, October 19, 2013

Subconscious

I had a dream that I acquired a sweet, fat  daschund--not a dog I would choose in my waking life, but in the dream I was delighted!  So cuddly!  So wriggly! So grateful for my attention!

Then I woke up to this:

He is not very emotive.  Most dogs ingratiate themselves: wagging and rolling onto their back and waving their feet in the air.  Anything to demonstrate that you are, in their doggy opinion, the supreme being.  This may be why I like dogs.  Who doesn't like to be worshipped?

Magnus does not subscribe to this approach.  His method is one of silent insistence.  He generally just stares at me  until I divine what he wants:  in this case, to get out of my nice warm bed and let him out.  He is like a 100 pound cat.  Only instead of purring, he drools.  Perhaps his job is to keep me humble.  

No comments:

Post a Comment