Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Running-Where's my high?

I told a woman at the gym today that I consider 15 minutes of cardio to be a major accomplishment.  She laughed.  She thought I was kidding.

I hate exercise.  I hate sweating. I hate being out of breath more than anything. And I have suggested to the man who lives in my house that we train for the half marathon.  Should be just great for our relationship.

He will hold me accountable.  Actually I'm pretty sure he expects I will flake, as I have made plans like this before.

I do not think I can run a mile.  I never have.  I generally start wheezing around the third block.  I slow to a walk, and then I start thinking about where the nearest coffee shop is.  That's it!  I'm done.

I hear that you can get addicted (in a mostly good way) to the endorphins.  I want some! I've never perceived a post-exertion endorphin rush. When I do something physically exhausting, i.e. a big uphill hike, I'm so enervated afterward I can't appreciate the endorphins.  I just want coffee--and maybe a cupcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment