This link made me laugh. I could have contributed many times, but it never occurred to me to photograph things I'd rather forget....
- Like when the Larger Hooligan sharpie'd the bed, carpet, and walls in our guest room when he was 18 months. Nail polish remover got an amazing amount of it out.
- And the time he dropped our friends' cordless phone in a bucket of water.
- When he was 3, he was trying to help us in the basement. He dropped a heavy can of paint ("It was grown-up paint, mom."). It splattered everywhere. Fortunately, it was not a finished basement. His clothes were ruined, but otherwise, no harm done.
- Oh, and this was a doozy: When he was 18 months, the Stinkin' Aunts (My sister and Ilene) used to let him play in their parked car, which kept him busy and happy, so I let him play in our car while I worked in the yard. He had a grand time, honking the horn and poking all the buttons. But then something in the electrical panel broke and had to be replaced ($300).
- In first grade, he was racing with his friend on their bikes and he bashed into a parked car's rearview mirror, breaking it off. Miraculously, no one was hurt. It cost $152 to replace the mirror. He's paying me back by picking up all the dog poop in the yard until he moves out. I may come out ahead on that one.....
I know I will miss my children when they move out and the house will seem dull and empty...I think.