Thursday, August 12, 2010

Home

Where have we been?  Well, to the land of really big sausages:
Larger Hooligan is clearly enthused about such a vast quantity of bologna.

And really small cars:
He could drive this!  Just give him a chance!


That would be Italy, mostly.  We had a lot of miles.  Some of our children were horrible travelers in the early years.  We gritted our teeth and assured each other (over the howling from the car seat--how he hated the car seat!) that someday it would be fun to go places as a family.

It was crazy fun.  I would do it again in a minute.  But I am really happy to be home.  Thanks to our housesitter all the plants are alive, the chickens and turtles are accounted for, and the dog seems to be well adjusted.  And my bed....I love my own bed more than words can say.  Now that I have plowed through the mountains of mail and laundry I plan spend the rest of the summer blogging, gardening, and going for very minor outings with the Hooligans--like maybe to the library.  Or to pick some blueberries.  That's it.  Oh, and I'm taking a vacation from wine and dessert, because even though we walked miles every day, we also ate gelato and swilled mucho vino.  All my clothes seem to have shrunk, funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment